At Rocky Repro we have careers for vets , morphologists, lab, repro & A.I. technicians, management & admin people, warehouse people, sales, marketing & I.T. people, stockpersons and gardeners!
If you are interested in a career with Rocky Repro please email your resume to the General Manager, Alan Smith email@example.com
Rocky Repro currently has the following positions vacant.
Full Time Position – immediate start
About Rocky Repro
Rocky Repro is Queensland’s premier Bovine Reproduction Centre offering a range of incentre and on-farm bovine reproduction services with our clients representing some of the leading seedstock producers in Australia.
Rocky Repro is an export accredited centre with a staff of 14 professionals supporting the centre’s production and marketing operations.
Rocky Repro is located only 15km from Rockhampton the hub of central Qld. The Centre’s purpose-built facilities are located in a pleasant semi-rural lifestyle environment.
Applicants will be expected to carry out a breadth of operations at Rocky Repro, including but not limited to feeding animals to their individual needs, assisting with the collection of bulls, maintenance of the facilities and plant as well as assisting in the treatment animals and health testing. Property maintenance including weed spraying, mowing/slashing , fencing , general station duties etc. This role is suited to a professional, enthusiastic, motivated individual seeking to become part of a strong team environment.
This is a full time hands on role with a significant portion of your day spent interacting with the bulls. The applicant must be confident and have had sufficient experience in the handling of all breeds and temperaments of bulls.
Applicants with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- A through knowledge of cattle handling & animal husbandry
- A current driver’s license is required for this position
- Previous experience in Seedstock operations would be an advantage
- Ability to handle all livestock in a quiet and confident manner
- Enjoy practical work
- Able to undertake manual and sometimes heavy work
- Responsible approach and attitude
- Able to work outdoors in any kind of weather condition for long periods of time
- Mechanical aptitude
- Observant and able to complete tasks to a high standard with attention to detail
- Safe operation of 4 wheel motor bikes
- Must be prepared to work a weekend roster
- Exceptional time management
The successful applicant would have strong communication skills and the ability to relay and report any issues that may arise with the livestock in the centre whether it be minor or not. Maintaining a professional manner when interacting with all stakeholders, including directors and customers is expected at all times.
The General Manager – Alan Smith, Ph: 0408 299 197 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org